Resources used by the team
|NAME OF THE MEMBER OF THE TEAM
- Video 1 :100 People Foundation : “Global Issues through our lens : Waste”
- Video 2 :National Science Foundation : “Deforestation in the Amazon rainforest”
- Video 3 :C’est pas sorcier : “C’est pas sorcier – Papier : Il n’a pas toujours la fibre écologique”
Book : Scholavox : “Handbook of Environmental Economics Volume 2 Valuing Environmental Changes
- Article 1 :Farming the Amazon
- Article 2 :Changing paper consumption
- Article 3 :Global Waste on pace to triple by 2100
- Article 4 :Consommation mondiale de cartouches d’encre pour imprimantes
- Article 5 :Consommation mondiale de papier
- Video 1 :Journal du net : “Le pitch de la semaine : le ticket de caisse interactif de Limpidius »
- Video 2 :Edgar Cano : « Environmental Problems »
- Video 3 :Green Peace Belgium : « La déforestation, si loin, si proche »
Book :Scholarvox : “Outsmart waste - The modern idea of garbage and how to think our way out of it”
- Article 1: Environmental impact of printing inks
- Article 2: How ink cartridges waste impacts environment and our health
- Article 3: Just the ticket ? Alternatives to BPA in receipt paper
- Article 4: How much paper does one tree produce ?
- Article 5: Please kill the paper receipt
- Video 1 : Willimantic1590 : “Willimantic Waste Paper's Single Stream Recycling Facility”
- Video 2 : FW : Thinking : “How do we solve our trash problems ?”
- Video 3 : UNRISD : “Green Economy and Sustainable Development: Bringing Back the Social”
Book : Scholarvox : “Substainable Economic Development : Resources, Environment and Institutions"
- Article 1 : Receipts recycling and BPA
- Article 2 : Paper receipts retailers waste recycling digital e-receipts
- Article 3 : It’s time to get rid of cash register receipts
- Article 4 : Haiken another reason go paperless every receipt you touch toxic
- Article 5 : Paper Waste Facts
- Video 1 : TEDx Talks : “Towards a green economy: Juan Verde at TEDxCibeles”
- Video 2 : GeoBeats News : “BPA From Register Receipts Gets Absorbed Through Skin”
- Video 3 : CNET : “CNET News - Apps to reduce paper waste - Tech Minute”
Book : UNEP Towards a green economy. Pathways to sustainable development and poverty eradication.
- Article 1: Cash Register Receipts May Be A Source Of BPA, Study Suggests
- Article 2: Worrisome chemical may lurk in cash register receipts
- Article 3: Facts about paper and paper waste
- Article 4: How to Avoid BPA Exposure from Cash Register Receipts
- Article 5: How Your Business Can Cut Costs by Reducing Waste
- Video 1 : Wild Films India : “Recycling of paper in India”
- Video 2 : Moins de papier : “25 bons gestes”
- Video 3 : Get Connected TV Show : « HP ink cartbridge recycling program »
Book : Scholarvox : “Grands principes du droit de l'environnement - édition 2015 »
- Article 1: Preton Ltd, white paper : “Environmental issues associated with toner and ink usage”
- Article 2: United States Environmental Protection Agency : “On-Site Waste ink recycling”
- Article 3: Les impacts de la fabrication du papier
- Article 4: Stop aux idées reçues : le papier certifié permet de lutter contre la déforestation
- Article 5: Waste Paper Market under global pressure
- Video 1 : GDM Groupe Conseil : “Durabilité”
- Video 2 : Inform Inc. : “The secret life of paper – A project of inform, Inc”.
- Video 3 : Länsstyrelsen Östergötland : « Don’t waste your waste »
Book : Scholarvox : “Les grandes questions de l’environnement »
- Article 1: 15 current environmental problems
- Article 2: Why sustainability is now the key driver of innovation ?
- Article 3: Cash register receipts toxic touch
- Article 4: What is thermal paper ?
- Article 5: Les entreprises sont mal protégées contre le risqué climatique
- Video 1 : CNN: “Teen to government: Change your typeface, save millions.”
- Video 2 : Introducing Proximiant Digital Receipts
- Video 3 : Papier numérique pour publicité Motorola
Book : Measuring the Effect of Internet Adoption on Paper Consumption: Luis Andrés / Alejandro Zentner / Joaquín Zentner
- Article 1: Natural Resources Defense Council: “Reducing paper use”
- Article 2: TransactionTree
- Article 3: NRDC: “Reforming the Paper Industry”
- Article 4: The Big Picture On Digital Receipts
- Article 5: Les vrais chiffres de la déforestation
First description of our project
First description of our project's idea
“No ticket please!”
1. What Problem do you want to solve ?
What is small, white, rectangular and bulky into the cash register? Cash receipts! As consumers, we don’t want it so we don’t take it. And when we talk about that with tradespeople, they have the same problem. The main difference for tradespeople: it’s compulsory for them to keep a copy! Anodyne you say? Think about how many cash receipts you throw away last 10 years.
This proposal is made in the context of paper waste: depending on the size of stores, between 700.000 and 5 million of cash receipts are printed each year for only one store.
2. Why does this problem exist?
First, the problem stands in archiving cash receipts: shop-owners must archive it in order to make their monthly accounting. It is a legal obligation for all tradespeople. Moreover, it avoids cash counter’s mistakes that could happen each day. It is also a proof of sale for the consumer. It becomes a habit to take cash receipts, even if we immediately throw them away.
3. What breakthrough are you commited to creating?
Our breakthrough will:
Durably decrease paper waste by daily effects
Decrease price of roll and ink, especially for small tradespeople in a period of economic crisis
Optimize time at the checkout
Potential experts already identified
Sales Manager of an Ikea store: likelihood 8/10
Owner of a restaurant: likelihood 8/10
Bi-Process, leader of dematerialization of bills: likelihood 6/10
IT Engineer in Amadeus, expert of data security: likelihood 4/10
Patrick Viala, Director of Carrefour Antibes: likelihood 2/10